HOW CAN HYPNOTHERAPY HELP ME?
Are you suffering from anxiety, a phobia or panic attacks? Perhaps you have an uncontrollable and obsessive attachment to an activity, behaviour or substance? Or you have difficulty controlling your anger? Maybe you just can't sleep at night - insomnia is often an effect of bad habits, stress, tension and anxiety, all of which can be helped with hypnotherapy.
- Addictions: I have worked with a variety of clients who had addictions, and over time I've built up an holistic and effective approach to this very debilitating and life destroying problem.
- Anger management: I have extensive experience in managing anger using a unique combination of talking therapies and body work and have successfully worked with individuals and groups, including running a meditation group for the inmates of HMP Pentonville.
- Fears, phobias, anxieties, panic attacks: Hypnotherapy and NLP are extremely successful for helping people overcome fears and phobias, whatever they are, helping you to move on with your life and enjoy new experiences that you may have avoided in the past.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): Research consistently shows hypnosis to have a substantial therapeutic impact on IBS, even for patients unresponsive to standard medical interventions. My knowledge of traditional Chinese medicine along with years of specialised bodywork, particularly using Tai Chi and Chi Kung, is well suited to ensure the full benefits of hypnotherapy are to be gained.
- Insomnia: Hypnotherapy can really help insomnia as it allows you to quiet your mind and relax your body. While insomnia can be a sign of a physical disorder for most people it is an effect of bad habits, stress, tension and anxiety. My holistic approach incorporating hypnotherapy and special Chinese exercises will bring about excellent results for you.
- Pain control: Hypnotherapy is now a well established and efficacious treatment for pain relief, free of side effects and risks of adverse reactions. Pain is a distraction at best, and extremely tiring and debilitating at worst. To be free of pain or at least be able to control it will invigorate and liberate you so that you can once again get on with your life.
- Stopping smoking: Hypnosis is the most effective way of giving up smoking, according to the largest ever scientific comparison of ways of breaking the habit. In addition, I can enhance this even further with ear acupuncture which itself is a very powerful tool for smoking cessation.
- Self-esteem: Low self-esteem or low self-worth can be a highly inhibiting condition. It affects the way we feel about ourselves and prevents us from achieving in our relationships and careers. It can affect our social and financial standing, is demoralising and can easily link to depression. I can treat low self-esteem in a variety of ways, using hypnotherapy, NLP, CBT and counselling, depending on your personal make-up.
- Stress: Stress causes many adverse emotional, physiological and psychological effects and is a build up of internal or external mental pressure, manifesting in a range of conditions. Stress is a very personal thing and needs a carefully tailored treatment plan to be truly effective. My holistic approach to mind, body and spirit, developed through years of training in Tai Chi combined with hypnotherapy and NLP techniques will enable you to face the world in a useful and competent way. You will learn to be relaxed and fully in control of your natural stress levels.
- Unwanted habits and behaviours: Usually caused by nervousness, anxiety and worry, and successfully treated with hypnotherapy .
- Weight loss: Hypnotherapy will help you to stay motivated to exercise, build self esteem to reduce the causes of over eating and help you to eat more healthily and resist certain foods. I will tailor my approach to your specific needs using an agreed programme with realistic and achievable targets and I will support you in making this happen.
**Contraindications: If you suffer from psychosis or certain types of personality disorder, you should not consider hypnotherapy as it could make your condition worse. If in doubt, please check with your GP first.**